More Confidence about Your Looks from Dental Implants in Shepperton
If you have one or more missing teeth and you are not happy with dentures or bridgework, a dental implant process can be performed by your Shepperton dentist to replace your missing teeth.
Dental implants are artificial roots implanted into the jawbone to serve as anchors for replacement teeth.
Aside from eliminating your worries about dentures and bridgework, dental implants can do these things for you:
• Secure placement. Since the root of the new teeth is implanted, there is no risk of slipping or moving when chewing.
• No more grinding of healthy teeth, which is done when bridgework is performed.
• Preservation of jaw structure. Efficiently replaced teeth prevent your jaw bone from shrinking or your mouth from sagging.
The dental implant process typically involves procedures over a period of several months, depending on the location and number of the teeth to be replaced. These include:
• Examination. Your dentist will take x-rays and create initial models, and then discuss with you how the implant process will be undertaken.
• Dental implant procedure. A minor surgery will be done to implant the artificial root, typically made from titanium, under local anaesthesia or conscious sedation.
• Bonding period. This is a period of at least three months, the time needed for the root to integrate with the jaw bone.
• Teeth replacement. If the root has fully integrated, the replacement teeth, fabricated by a specialist, are attached to and bonded with the implanted root.
• Initial maintenance. Your dentist will teach you how to maintain the restoration and will advise you to visit for evaluation.
With these procedures, your dentist ensures results that give you more confidence about your teeth and looks.