The Glistening Smile that Porcelain Veneers Give at Worcester park dentist
A great way to attain a perfect smile is to have porcelain veneers. These thin ceramic pieces are bonded to the front of the teeth and provide a natural way to hide discoloration. They can really improve the appearance of your teeth and bring back that gleam on your smile.
Cosmetic dentists recommend porcelain veneers as a smile-makeover tool that has long-lasting results. They can correct several dental conditions such as:
• Teeth discoloration
• Crooked or misshapen teeth
• Chipped or broken teeth
• Stained, washed out or unsightly fillings
A little expensive than other cosmetic dental alternatives, porcelain veneers are worth the cost because of their advantages over other procedures. These include:
• Natural looking. Porcelain is white and translucent. It reacts to light by reflecting it back off the layer beneath the dental cement that attaches it. This gives you the natural-looking smile that is the envy of everyone.
• Stain-resistant. Because porcelain has ceramic surface, the stain produced by food that you eat and beverage that you take every day will just roll off and will not stick on it.
• No anaesthesia. Your Worcester Park dentist does not need to use anaesthesia when he places porcelain veneers on your front teeth.
• During the procedure, only a small amount of the structure of your tooth will be removed to place the porcelain veneer.
• The procedure requires less time and cost than placing full crowns.
Now that you have decided on porcelain veneers, you should also know how to take care of them to maintain their shine:
• Maintain regular cleaning and exams
• Oral hygiene at home should be done on a regular basis
• Avoid foods and beverages that could stain your porcelain veneers, such as cherries, tea and coffee
You must keep in mind that porcelain veneers, or any other dental veneers for that matter, are not perfect replacements for your natural teeth. Expect some slight variations in colour compare with your natural teeth.