Interdental cleaning actually refers to cleaning in between your teeth. Since plaque forms in these regions, it is important that you have it cleaned by experts like your Sunbury dentist.
Plaques form when bacteria convert the bits of food lodged in between your teeth to acid. The resulting build up can lead to tooth decay as well as gum disease. For these reasons, it is crucial that you are able to clean between your teeth using any of the following:
• Interdental brushes
• Dental floss
• Single-tuft tooth brushes
• Rubber tip stimulators
• Dental sticks
You can always rely on your Sunbury dentist for areas difficult to reach. Interdental cleaning is usually part of the routine procedure done when you visit your dentist.
Of course, your Sunbury dentist can only do as much. Half of the work needed to prevent tooth decay is done by you. If you are unsure of how to clean in between your teeth, your dentist might recommend the following steps particularly when using dental floss:
• Use dental floss of about 12-15 inches
• Wrap floss around middle fingers, holding it between the forefinger and thumb
• Leave at least 2 inches between the fingers, ensuring tautness
• Position floss between teeth and then rub it up and down, repeating the process for each tooth
If you are still unsure of what to do, your Sunbury dentist will be more than happy to show you. Also, you can inquire about the different tools and from the information provided, you can choose which will be more user-friendly for you.